Communications Project Coordinator
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Marketing Communications Project Coordinator. In this position, you would be a key part of the marketing communications team.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the tactical coordination of MarComm projects to ensure delivery of high-quality materials on time to grow the business. Working closely with the Project Leader, the Project Coordinator provides overall day-to-day customer service and support to ensure the effective execution of client objectives within communication campaign projects. The project coordinator should foster a good working relationship with clients and internal team, either through direct contact or in support of client needs. The Project Coordinator is responsible for the management of the practical aspects of assigned project delivery and will be assigned to specific project leaders as well as handling some smaller and Tier 3 projects.
Work closely with business, new product launch and marketing teams to:
Key Responsibilities –
- Aid the project leader in the management the MarComm project process from start to finish ensuring on-time delivery of communications deliverables.
- Coordinate the tactical execution of communication projects, taking an active role in all stages from planning to completion.
- Develop project timelines based on standardized templates, project/deadline criteria and project leader input.
- Maintain timelines, proactively communicating upcoming dates and troubleshooting issues that may disrupt timelines to ensure all final commit dates are met.
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of the project team driving the internal trafficking of projects through Creative, Design and Production.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation, work-in-progress records and archives of past project information as appropriate to monitor and track progress including Agreement Docs, Timelines, Project Sign Off Forms and Project Management Software.
- Prepare and circulate project service-related documents such as timelines, meeting agendas, meeting reports, and other client communications and correspondence.
- Aid the project leader in the management of changes to the project scope and project schedule, and project costs.
- Proofing of client requested changes prior to release to client.
- Maintain alignment with project leader, working with them to aid in the daily operations of projects to ensure the required outputs are delivered on time.
- Work closely with clients and internal staff to best meet the team needs, providing Client service support to ensure that all assignments are executed accurately.
- Respond to and deliver client and internal requests in a service-oriented manner.
Project Management Expertise
- Anticipate project team conflicts and proactively troubleshoot to creatively meet the needs of the client within project guidelines and scope, escalating issues to management as needed.
- Advise project team of any delays or variances in project timeline and provide actionable solutions for the team
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a project coordinator /project driver in an agency, building products manufacturer or reseller of building products. Supervisory experience beneficial but not required.
- Experience marketing to best practices in the B2B and B2C fields.
- Strong understanding of the benefits of communications channels, with the ability to match the channel with the client’s communications need.
- Highly organized; must be detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task effectively. Strong project management skills and experience meeting aggressive timeline and managing budgets.
- Experience in multiple aspects of marketing programs – brochures, trade shows, training and sales programs, advertising, web, digital advertising, social, email, and press/public relations.
- Demonstrated ability to interface constructively with clients, sales, marketing, and product development teams. Experience in marketing campaigns and new product introductions.
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong design and writing comprehension. Can assess the effectiveness of communications design including information hierarchy and visual/verbal integration.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills. Must be able to communicate ideas to all levels of management.
- Solid understanding of design and production processes
- Experience with agency or vendor management
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA