Commercial Shades Sales Specialist
Commercial Shades Sales Specialist - Toronto - Canada
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Commercial Shades Specialist. In this position, you would be a key part of the Commercial Specification team.
In this role, you are responsible for positioning Lutron commercial shading solutions as the basis of design in architectural specifications and drawings for retrofit and new construction of commercial spaces and buildings inside and outside of your territory. You will work on the local level to build strong relationships with interiors architects, core and shell architects, lighting designers, glazing specialists and project managers to communicate the value that Lutron can add throughout the commercial building design and construction process. You are also responsible for ensuring that Lutron’s products and services are properly budgeted before the project goes out to bid. This position is also responsible to develop and grow the network of commercial dealer/installers across Canada
- Call on top accounts specifying commercial spaces and buildings
- Position Lutron as the preferred shade brand for shading solutions
- Drive the specification of Lutron commercial shading solutions
- Work with local rep agent, contractors and channel partners to surround and successfully close opportunities.
- Develop and grow sales channel comprised of dealer/installers.
- Use salesforce.com to build and manage key details about your specification pipeline
- Achieve your Goals & Metrics
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelor's Degree or college diploma with equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of industry related selling experience
- Experience with or Knowledge of building materials, construction industry, and/or architecture firms is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes
- Salesforce.com or other sales tracking software, a plus
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fuelled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA