Associate Product Manager - Commercial eTools
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an opening for an Associate Product Manager - eTools. In this position, you will be a key part of the Lutron marketing team. A successful Associate Product Manager - eTools will bridge the gap between our end users and our development teams to ensure our customers remain our #1 priority. This position incorporates aspects of in-bound product marketing, advocating for the end user within Lutron and representing their technical requirements, as well as out-bound product marketing, rolling out applications to end users to facilitate adoption. Maintaining a high degree of engagement with end users/customers is critical in this position. Being able to communicate effectively to end users as well to internal development teams is key to success in this position.
Your role will require you to:
- Contribute on product teams as the subject matter expert (SME) to develop and maintain effective estimation and design tools to support adoption, selection and usage of Lutron products.
- Plan and guide software tool development to enhance and simplify the customer experience of specifying, designing, and purchasing a Lutron solution.
- Working directly with internal and external customers and stakeholders, develop a clear set of requirements and communicate them to the development team, clarifying any questions they might have during development.
- Partner with in-house User Experience (UX) team to map business needs, user task requirements and technical product requirements into world class user interfaces.
- Define and deliver marketing and training plans and materials to drive adoption and use of eTools among target audiences.
- Contribute to efforts to prioritize the backlog of feature requests within existing tools, driving consensus on priorities that align with broader business strategies.
- Assess the business impact of applications. Work with Sales to develop programs to reinforce awareness and adoption of applications ensuring they deliver a positive return on investment.
- Participate in developing product roadmaps and business cases to be presented to senior management in order to secure project funding.
- Other responsibilities as defined.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Construction Sciences, Systems Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Engineering Management, or similar (with a GPA of at least 3.0 or acceptable foreign equivalent GPA)
- Three years’ experience in the job offered or in a related occupation, to include familiarity in application of computer systems; in-depth understanding of the Architecture-Engineering-Construction (AEC) industry and its practices, including energy codes and inter-relationships of building systems with respect to MEP and HVAC.
- Demonstrated in-depth technical understanding of lighting controls systems and their design, and the building context in which they are installed (including Building Management Systems and their networks)
- Three years’ experience working with software development teams
- Demonstrated ability to distill and communicate user scenarios into clear system requirements
- Experience in delivering both live and produced training and support materials
- Strong understanding of global customer needs, knowledge of international product certification requirements, and differences of cultural and professional practices
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the work schedule.
Measures of Success:
The success of this position will be measured by the followed aspects:
- Ability to maintain engagement with product development team and continue to function in SME/Product Owner role in projects
- Increase adoption of existing applications, by actively engaging end users – training, supporting, and coaching them in the use of applications
- Champion the development of new applications and new functionality to existing applications to further expand and engage our customer base creating additional opportunities for revenue.
- Expand adoption of applications beyond traditional users to enhance the value of the tools
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.