Warehouse Associate With Leadership Experience
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for an experienced Material Handler with leadership experience on our day shift. In this position, you would be a key part of the Operations team at our manufacturing facility in Ashland, VA. A successful materials assistant will be interested in learning many phases of our operation and have high standards of performance/quality.
You will have the opportunity to work in various warehouse departments while performing a wide range of responsibilities to support our manufacturing operations. As part of your career development, you will rotate through our multiple departments, gaining exposure to the broad range of equipment, processes, and technologies employed in our operation. In order to assist with your career development, we offer an education reimbursement program so that you can attend college courses to prepare yourself for additional responsibilities and opportunities within the company.
- Utilize Radio Frequency technology to perform distribution functions such as receiving, putaway, cycle counting and stock replenishment
- Operate powered material handling equipment such as forklifts, order pickers and powered pallet jacks.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Learn our inventory management system and enter materials transactions
- 2 Year Degree
- Experienced Leader
- Minimum of 5 years warehouse experience in a manufacturing environment
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to learn and apply new tasks quickly
- Flexibility to work on off-shifts and OT as required
- High focus on quality and attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions in English
- Desire for Continuous learning
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.