Warehouse Associate / Material Assistant
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has immediate openings for experienced and entry level warehouse Material Handlers on our 2nd shift (3:30 p.m. to midnight) at our Distribution center near Fogelsville. In this position, you would be a key part of the Operations team. A successful materials assistant will be interested in learning many phases of our operation and have high standards of performance/quality.
In this position, you desire to build a career with a high technology company by working in a hands-on environment. You will have the opportunity to work in various warehouse departments while performing a wide range of responsibilities to support our distribution and warehouse operations. As part of your career development, you will rotate through our multiple departments, gaining exposure to the broad range of equipment, processes, and technologies employed in our operation. In order to assist with your career development, we offer an education reimbursement program so that you can attend college courses to prepare yourself for additional responsibilities and opportunities within the company.
- Utilize Radio Frequency technology to perform distribution functions such as picking, packing and shipping orders, receiving, putaway and stock replenishment
- Operate powered material handling equipment such as turret trucks, forklifts, order pickers and powered pallet jacks.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Learn our inventory management system and enter materials transactions
- Ability to learn and apply new tasks quickly
- Flexibility to work on off-shifts and OT as required
- High focus on quality and attention to detail
- Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to read and follow work instructions in English
- Desire for Continuous learning
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in a history of significant growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.