Visual Design Leader
Lutron is a human and technology-centered and people-driven company. We have a long history of significant growth and smart innovations.
- The industry is born: Our founder’s first invention of an energy saving solid state dimmer and the resulting inception of Lutron in 1961 marked the birth of the lighting control industry.
- Control systems for every market: Lutron has control solutions targeting a wide variety of light, shade, and temperature applications for a single room all the way up to a multi-building campus. Our distinguished installations include The White House, the homes of numerous celebrities, The Empire State Building, 49ers Stadium, LEGOLAND theme park (Günzburg), NASA HQ, and multiple others.
- Smart connected systems and IoT: Lutron has been at the forefront of innovating products for smart homes and connected buildings for more than 20 years and is now providing leadership in the human-centered IoT ecosystem. Our strategic alliances include integration with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Sonos, Nest, IFTTT, and multiple others.
- Foster sustainability, save energy, and protect our environment: Lutron controls have reduced electrical use by 9.2 billion kWh, which reduces our customers’ electric bills by more than $1 billion annually.
Why is Lutron a good place for design
- Over the last 55 years, Lutron has innovated thousands of new products and has a broad repertoire of 3,000+ design and product patents
- We develop our hardware and software, which enables us to provide superior end-to-end experience for our users
- We have a rich heritage of pursuing human-centered design and have won hundreds of product and design awards
- We have a collaborative culture, where you’ll be working with engineers, product managers, and a diverse group of designers who have expertise in both hardware and software design
What you’ll do at Lutron
- Lead team of Visual Designers to create world-class visual designs for interactive software applications including mobile, tablet and web
- Make interactive prototypes and animations
- Create design specifications and visual assets needed for development
- Lead team to define the design style guide and maintain consistency across applications
- Present work to senior management, stakeholders, team members and improve designs based on feedback
- You operate in highly collaborative cross-functional environment that brings design with business, marketing and the software team
What we’re looking for
- BA/BS in Visual Communications, Graphic Design, Web Design or related field
- 7-10 years of work experience designing visuals for mobile, tablet and web application
- Expertise in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects & Experience Design
- Ability to collaborate with the User Experience Design Team and Senior Leaders
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet critical deadlines
- Strong online portfolio with examples of mobile, tablet and web application designs
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at .