User Experience Design Manager
Lutron is a human and technology-centered and people-driven company. We have a long history of significant growth and smart innovations.
- The industry is born: Our founder’s first invention of an energy saving solid state dimmer and the resulting inception of Lutron in 1961 marked the birth of the lighting control industry.
- Control systems for every market: Lutron has control solutions targeting a wide variety of light, shade, and temperature applications for a single room all the way up to a multi-building campus. Our distinguished installations include The White House, the homes of numerous celebrities, The Empire State Building, 49ers Stadium, LEGOLAND theme park (Günzburg), NASA HQ, and multiple others.
- Smart connected systems and IoT: Lutron has been at the forefront of innovating products for smart homes and connected buildings for more than 20 years and is now providing leadership in the human-centered IoT ecosystem. Our strategic alliances include integration with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Sonos, Nest, IFTTT, and multiple others.
- Foster sustainability, save energy, and protect our environment: Lutron controls have reduced electrical use by 9.2 billion kWh, which reduces our customers’ electric bills by more than $1 billion annually.
Why is Lutron a good place for design
- Over the last 55 years, Lutron has innovated thousands of new products and has a broad repertoire of 3,000+ design and product patents
- We develop our hardware and software, which enables us to provide superior end-to-end experience for our users
- We have a rich heritage of pursuing human-centered design and have won hundreds of product and design awards
- We have a collaborative culture, where you’ll be working with engineers, product managers, and a diverse group of designers who have expertise in both hardware and software design
What you’ll do at Lutron
- Create the User Experience strategy for new and existing products and services
- Lead the User Experience team to execute the User Experience strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and senior leadership to shape the product vision
- Create new and improve existing User Experience processes to foster innovation
- Educate and mentor the User Experience team
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s is preferred) in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, Human Factors, Engineering Psychology, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or Digital Media with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- 8+ years of work experience as a User Experience Designer or similar role, creating excellent products and services that delight users
- Expertise in User Research, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, and Visual Design Principles
- Ability to drive User Experience process and build consensus on design across cross-functional teams
- Ability to lead and mentor the User Experience team
- Strong online portfolio with examples demonstrating work in various design phases
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at .