Tool & Test EE Leader
Test Engineering Leader
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Test Engineering Leader. In this position, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of software and electrical engineers focused on test equipment design to support new product development. The successful candidate will bring extensive knowledge of test equipment software and electrical design to Lutron, using their experience and leadership to bring our test engineering team and tester architecture to the next level.
The Lead Lutron’s electrical and software tester development resources to engineer test equipment that verifies functionality of Lutron’s world class innovative products. Set strategic plans for common software and hardware architecture to enable test solutions to be engineered to new products, rapidly. Leverage experience in Design for Test to work with the product design teams and improve overall capability of our products to be calibrated and tested more effectively and efficiently. Lead the career development and direction for team members. Develop plans for strategic investments in annual planning cycle.
Design and Technical
Must have an excellent understanding of electrical and software design. Design for Test experience is beneficial. Also needs good communications skills to translate strategy and business needs into appropriate actions for team members.
- Serve as the leader for all Tool & Test circuit and software development
- Drive improvement of Lutron’s standards for equipment safety, scalability and quick change-over
- Drive improvement to the test development process to ensure design and timeline optimization and measurable and predictable output
- Work closely with new product development teams to implement strong Design for Test concepts that enable robust and efficient product and tester designs with support from off-the-shelf calibration and tester architectures.
- Strengthen relationships with engineering services firms for design and fabrication work
- Design jidoka manufacturing concepts into test equipment to integrate equipment with production personnel and manufacturing processes for error proofing, productivity and reliability
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values: be passionate, be flexible and adaptable to change, be an innovative thinker, be customer focused, be ethical.
- BS Electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering
- 8 years experience +
- Experience with test equipment platform development – mechanical, electrical and software architecture
- Ability to implement structure and systems to optimize use of engineering resources
- Ability to articulate strategic plans for test equipment development, to management and engineering staff