Manufacturing Test Engineering Software Leader
Manufacturing Test Engineering Software Leader
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Test Engineering Software Leader at our Corporate Headquarters in the Lehigh Valley, PA
Why is Lutron’s Tool and Test a good place for Software Design Engineers?
For almost 60 years, Lutron has innovated many thousands of new products and has a broad repertoire of 3,000+ design and product patents.
We develop our industrial test hardware and software, which enables us to ensure superior product quality for our customers through 100% end-of-line testing before leaving our facilities.
Lutron’s Manufacturing Test Engineering Software Leader designs and develops solutions in embedded, GUI, and desktop/server environments using leading technologies and processes
We have a collaborative culture; you will be working side by side on cross-functional teams with other highly skilled engineers and designers across multiple disciplines.
What you will do at Lutron
Architect stable, efficient, and scalable test equipment architectures upon which world-class embedded and application software can be built
Integrate into the cross-functional product development design teams to drive product specs that ensure strong Design for Test solutions that adhere to manufacturing quality best practices.
Develop processes to ensure the design of maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets
Manage a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, user interface design, software architecture, software development, software verification, troubleshooting and software maintenance
Drive continual improvement to Lutron standards for equipment safety, maintainability and flexibility
Lead the Tool and Test software teams to ensure robust and efficient tester designs delivered on schedule to match product features and timelines.
Build and maintain strong relationships with strategic engineering services firms for design and fabrication of test equipment
Design jidoka manufacturing concepts into test equipment to be integrated with production personnel and manufacturing processes for error proofing, productivity and reliability
Align the software development team with Lutron’s culture and values – innovate with a strong customer focus as well as be passionate, flexible, and adaptable to change.
The Lutron Story
Lutron is a human and technology-centered, people-driven company. We have a long history of significant growth and smart innovations.
The Industry is Born: Our founder’s first invention of an energy-saving solid-state dimmer and the resulting inception of Lutron in 1961 marked the birth of the lighting control industry.
Control Systems for Every Market: Lutron has control solutions targeting a wide variety of light, shade and temperature applications for a single room all the way up to a multi-building campus. Our distinguished installations include The White House, the homes of numerous celebrities, The Empire State Building, 49ers Stadium, LEGOLAND Theme Park (Günzburg), NASA HQ and multiple others
Smart Connected Systems and IoT: Lutron has been at the forefront of innovating products for smart homes and connected buildings for more than 20 years and is now providing leadership in the human-centered IoT ecosystem. Our strategic alliances include integration with: Apple HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Sonos, Nest and IFTTT.
Foster Sustainability, Save Energy and Protect our Environment: Lutron controls have reduced electrical use by 9.2 billion kWh globally, which reduces our customers’ electric bills by more than $1 billion annually.
What are we looking for?
- BS in Computer, Software or Electrical Engineering (or similar degree) from an accredited program, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- 8+ years of industry experience in the field of embedded software/hardware or test equipment development
- Experience with test equipment platform development – mechanical, electrical and software architecture with a focus on manufacturing integration. National Instruments experience is a plus.
- Ability to implement structure and systems to optimize use of engineering resources
- Hands-on experience with object oriented design and design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of good programming techniques and familiarity with real time schedulers
- Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of disciplines
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice
- Technical experience required in the majority of the areas:
- Programming Languages such as C, C++, C#, and .NET
- PLC hardware capability, system compatibility and ladder logic software design
- Board bring up and device driver development, including SPI, UART, I2C, ADC, RS-232, RS-485, GPIB, USB and Ethernet
- Experience in Agile development environment and/or experience using tools such as JIRA, GIT and Bitbucket
- GUI design and multi-threading
- Protocol development
- Software and hardware debugging using emulators & oscilloscopes