Technical Support Services Manager
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for Technical Support Services Manager which is a key part of the overall global sales team. This role has direct responsibility for our world-wide Technical Support teams in the US, Mexico, UK, & India that provide 24/7 support assistance to our customers via a variety of communication channels including inbound calling, on-line chat, e-mail, and social media.
- Ensure that the department is meeting or exceeding the performance standards to provide world class technical support to our global customers thus providing a strategic advantage to Lutron.
- Set clear objectives, evaluate progress, and create an atmosphere of passion and accountability within the global teams
- Manage customer escalations ensuring effective coordination between various departments with direct accountability to communicate status and drive solutions to our customers.
- Work across the organization to provide customer input that allows our Engineering and quality teams to improve our products and support materials.
- Continuously drive to improve the delivery of information via customer self-help tools thus reducing the need to contact Lutron directly.
- Lead and develop the global service organization, multi-national locations. Build a strong succession plan.
- Work with Lutron IT, stakeholders of all functional areas and 3rd party software consultants to improve Lutron's technical infrastructure and software systems that are directly utilized to provide customers with technical information.
- Assure that all projects have a justifiable business case with a ROI in order to drive improved quality, service and efficiency.
- Create capacity models in order to drive continuous improvement and staffing plans.
- Personality characteristics
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BA/BS in IT, CS, Engineering or Supply Chain
- MBA a plus
- 10+ years’ work experience in the consumer electronics industry within a Service or Operations.
- Experience leading high performance teams with a focus on developing scalable processes
- Global Team leadership
- Excellent communication skills, very proactive, and self-driven: will hold themselves and team members accountable.
- Ability to analyze and make decisions based on business information, and create a justifiable ROI
- Successful at presenting ideas and strategy proposals to senior / executive management and getting consensus.
- Ability to represent our customers at the Corporate headquarters in Coopersburg, PA.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.