Technical Assistant - 2018 - FL
Boynton Beach, FL
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has immediate opening for a Technical Assistants in our Boynton Beach, FL engineering office. In this position, you would be a key part of a new product development team. A successful Technical Assistant will have an interest in technology, have a high standard of performance and quality, be flexible to take on a variety of different tasks, and enjoy working with their hands.
This position will provide you the opportunity to build a career with a high technology company by working in a hands-on environment. You will have the opportunity to perform a wide range of responsibilities to support our engineering, operations, and office management functions. In order to assist with your career development we offer an education reimbursement program so that you can attend college courses to prepare yourself for additional responsibilities and opportunities within the company.
- Follow detailed work instructions to perform basic testing on new products
- Support day-to-day office needs with stocking supplies, managing office maintenance schedules, shipping and receiving of packages, etc.
- Create and track purchase orders for incoming parts during the product development process
- Initiate ECN’s for Bills of Materials or Part Specifications and Material Transfer documentation
- Perform light electrical and mechanical assembly operations
- Take inventory of existing parts and equipment and document and update on a regular basis
- Generate and prototype product labels and literature
- Coordinate office initiatives with IT help desk and electronic scrap recycling
- Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic math skills and computer skills (Microsoft office products)
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to speak, read, and follow work instructions in English
- Desire for continuous learning
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.
For more information:
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter @lutronjobs
YouTube Channel lutronjobs