Tactical Purchasing Manager
Lehigh Valley, PA
Tactical Purchasing Manager:
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a hands-on Tactical Purchasing Manager with at least 8 years experience working in complex global electronics supply chain. Must have experience of managing successfully a purchasing team in a demanding and changing supply chain environment and working with teams globally and across functions. Must have a proven track record of being able to organize and lead activities and change to drive improvement in purchasing performance towards achieving the Key Performance Indicators of Purchasing.
Contributions & Responsibilities:
As Manager of the Tactical Purchasing Team you will lead the daily activities of them to ensure Lutron gets the components and raw materials to the plants when they need then You will also to lead the support along with your Buyer’s in supporting the Buying teams worldwide when they need to escalate an issue. You will also be expected to work with the Strategic Buying Team and New Product Introduction Team to help successfully ramp new products and deal with any issues that arise with the Lutron Supply base.
- Daily management of the tactical procurement team to ensure they are buying cost effectively to ensure parts from suppliers arrive on time.
• Ensure PO’s , defers, cancellations are actioned to meet the performance targets, including raw material inventory control to allow plants to achieve their MPS.
- Ensure the purchasing parameters in the system are maintained accurately for example leadtimes, MOQs and Multiples.
- Drive additional KPIs: (timely invoice clearance for example)
- Expansion and management of Pull Method (VMI/Consignment) with Supply base
- Work with logistics to ensure the most cost effective delivery of components on time to plants from suppliers.
• Provide Tactical Purchasing support to the plants as required.
• Escalate as required in a timely manager to their manager or to the Strategic Team any challenges they face with suppliers and delivery.
- Create reports to allow analysis of the data in order to improve performance or identify improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably involving Supply Chain/ Purchasing or related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years in Supply Chain/Purchasing with experience in managing a team successfully in a demanding and changing supply chain preferably in high volume and complex electronics environment.
- Preferred membership of an accredited Purchasing/Supply Chain Organiation.
- Proficient in the use of excel, analyzing data, preparing reports and familiarity
with operating computerized supply chain MRP systems are required
• Flexibility - Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
• Initiative - Drive to proactively meet internal and external customer needs.
• Self-motivated with high amount of personal energy and a passion for excellence.
• Determination - Perseverance to accomplish given goals in the time allotted regardless
• Thoroughness - Follow-through to complete all critical tasks on projects to ensure
• Creative Problem Solving - A passion to address complex needs, tasks or issues and
develop creative solutions.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
• Willingness and ability to travel. Travel to remote locations is likely and may be with