Supply Chain Project Specialist - 2018
Supply Chain Project Specialist
Lutron Electronics is the world leader in the design and manufacture of lighting controls, lighting control systems and shading solutions for residential and commercial applications.
As a Supply Chain Project Specialist, you will be responsible for helping Lutron grow through corporate improvement projects and helping ensure the successful launch of new products. In this role, you may:
- Gain an understanding of Lutron’s business systems and processes
- Work closely with engineering, customer service, supply chain, and our manufacturing and distribution facilities to ensure timely order fulfillment throughout the product lifecycle
- Develop key relationships with Lutron’s business partners
- Monitor performance of business partners to ensure timely receipt of high quality, low cost material
- Drive both internal and external improvement projects to enable more effective communication and sharing of information
- Manage inventory levels to ensure high fill rate through a cost-effective approach
- Mitigate and manage supply chain risk
- Calculate current and future product costs based on plan design changes using new technologies.
Highly-qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Academic excellence in a relevant course of study – A bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management (or equivalent 4-year degree with related work experience), with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Travel – Willingness to work on projects in any of Lutron's global locations. Travel to remote locations is likely and may be with short notice.
- Flexibility – Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Initiative – Drive to proactively meet customer needs, both internal and external customers
- Determination – Perseverance to accomplish given goals in the time allotted regardless of obstacles
- Thoroughness – Follow-through to complete all critical tasks on projects to ensure success
- Creative Problem Solving – A passion to address complex needs, tasks or issues and develop creative solutions
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA