Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron’s procurement organization is looking for a high energy, motivated team leader, who is passionate about developing and managing suppliers to fill an immediate opening as Strategic Buyer for Indirect Goods and Services. Management of corporate wide Indirect spend is a high visibility and growth area within the organization. This position provides an opportunity to work cross functionally within the organization between supply chain, finance, IT, and manufacturing, as well as Lutron’s supply base . Meeting customer needs through the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines as a strong team player will be keys for success.
On the assignment learning:
- Understanding of the lighting control industry and how Lutron goes to market
- Project management, Manufacturing, and IT with Lutron and supplier base with the goal of cost innovation
- Interaction with a global supply base
- Travel time ~10%
- How Lutron utilizies and manage Indirect spend
Highlights of the position:
- Opportunity to strategically source and structure Lutron’s Indirect spend for future growth and success
- Supply chain risk mitigation specifically as related to large, multinational corporations' indirect goods and services
- Supplier relationship management at executive levels
- Opportunity to work with overseas Lutron and supplier teams.
- Cost reduction through negotiations and value analysis
- Service level performance management of supply base