Specification Sales - LA
Los Angeles, CA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Specification Salesperson in our Los Angeles sales office. In this position, you would be a key part of the LA Demand Creation Team. A successful Specifications sales person will ….
- Generate lighting control and window systems specifications and produce technical drawings for specifiers.
- Coordinate with the local territory sales team to surround the job and close orders from generated specifications.
- Prepare and present customer and influencer trainings, including CEUs and new product training.
- Participate in local trade associations for influencers (e.g. AIA, IES, etc.).
- Develop strong relationships with specifier accounts and be perceived amongst those accounts as the subject
- Matter expert for lighting controls and window systems.
- Proactively communicate with the appropriate domestic and international Lutron sales teams to ensure that
- Specifications generated in territory result in closed projects outside the territory.
- Keep accurate expense records and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Stay aligned to Lutron's culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing the markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- BS in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Construction Engineering or related degree with a greater than 3.0 GPA
- 5+ years of prior architectural sales or industry experience desired
- Represent Lutron at Industry trade organizations
- Lighting design experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of architectural/construction industry is required
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.