Software Development Team Manager - e Tools
Job Posting: Software Development Team Manager – eTools
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for Software Development Team Manager – eTools . In this position, you would be a key part of the software development team at Lutron, working closely with the Marketing Communications team on eTool development. A successful Software Development Manager will spearhead the development of system design and business software tools to drive increased revenue for Lutron across multiple platforms (PC, web, mobile). You will be a hands-on leader with exceptional software development and team leadership skills.
- Lead feature development, ensuring collaboration with business stakeholders, product development and marketing teams.
- Build and lead a high performance development group, including in-house developers, outside developers, and dotted line involvement from website, engineering, and IT teams.
- Develop and maintain strategic software tools, including project management and day-to-day tracking of multiple projects. These tools will include:
- System design tools for design/construction professionals and end-users
- Software tools to provide system cost estimates, energy savings, and ROI
- Work closely with the product development and management teams and software marketing to understand business requirements and translate them to elegant implementation.
- Develop and maintain top notch in-house, offshore, and vendor development capabilities.
- Partner with in-house development teams to champion exceptional user interface design and usability in tools.
- Research, evaluate, and implement new technologies in in-house tools that are integrated with corporate IT infrastructure as well as 3rd party software (such as AutoCAD, Revit, Bentley Building Designer).
- Identify and establish alliances with third party tool providers (such as CAD, lighting analysis).
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BS/BA degree in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or related degree with at least a 3.0 GPA from an accredited institution
- 10+ years of software development including 4+ years of team leadership experience
- Demonstrated success developing and launching applications to customers, sales people, and/or end-users
- Proven ability to both lead and work collaboratively as part of in-house and remote development teams
- Thorough knowledge of computer science fundamentals, hands-on experience with various design patterns, strong working knowledge of object-oriented programming techniques, and a good familiarity with client-server systems
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies and software architecture planning, including requirements traceability, design reviews, quality assurance methods, and software release planning
- Programming experience with: .net, SQL, c# on various platforms (mobile, web, PC/desktop)
- Familiarity with Construction, Architecture, or Electrical/Lighting industry is a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com . EOE/AA.