Senior Embedded Software Design Engineer - Boynton Beach
Boynton Beach, FL
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Embedded Electrical Engineer at our South Florida engineering center. In this position, you will be a key part of the Engineering Development Team, designing innovative embedded control systems for lighting automation and control applications.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group at an exciting time in the lighting industry as we develop new innovation from product concepts and novel technologies to process improvements and new applications. You will design products and systems that are destined for use in new and exciting residential and commercial environments, providing a high degree of satisfaction.
- Lead and mentor a team of product development engineers, implementing stable, efficient, and scalable systems upon which world-class embedded software applications can easily be built
- Design maintainable, elegant, and high quality solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while working closely with a cross-functional group of highly skilled engineers and leaders outside your immediate team
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, progress tracking, estimating development effort, user interface design, real time schedulers, software development, testing, trouble-shooting, and software maintenance
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BS in Computer, Software, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited program, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience in embedded software/hardware development
- Thorough knowledge of embedded system development fundamentals
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of good programming techniques, and good familiarity with real time schedulers
- Excellent Communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems quickly with enthusiasm and creativity
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice
- Technical experience required is the majority of the areas:
- Real Time Embedded Systems
- High-level programming languages such as C and C++
- Software-hardware communications
- Interface programming
- Hardware development of microcontroller or microprocessor control circuits using 8/32 bit or ARM processor
- Protocol development
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. Consequently, the company continues to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that turn into new and better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.