Sales Representative - GTA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for a Sales Representative in the Greater Toronto Area. A successful sales person will drive Lutron sales in a business to business environment selling lighting control technology for internet of things/ smart home solutions. We grow sales through our channel partners and by creating demand with builders, developers, interior designers and architects. We work with our dealers by providing information, service and business support to positively influence decision makers in the Residential business to view Lutron as their first and full choice for lighting controls.
Expanding markets and cultivatubg new customers is one of the most important jobs at Lutron Electronics. Build your career in an innovative, growing company that is a leader in the market by becoming a key member of our sales team.
- Drive Lutron residential system sales growth to meet yearly targets
- Build strong, lasting business relationships with key decision makers (dealers and installers) in the residential marketplace and related influencers (such as builders, remodelers, residential architects and interior designers)
- Uncover account needs and propose Lutron solutions to solve these needs.
- Work with the account to proactively execute solutions and drive our sales to meet or exceed goals
- Provide comprehensive customer care for each account by working on their behalf with all internal Lutron departments to assure their needs are being met by Lutron
- Solve problems for accounts and quickly resolve any conflicts or disagreements
- Develop strategic market plans that generate new accounts and drive incremental sales at existing accounts
- Stay current with market trends and anticipate account needs and opportunities.
- Listen to product suggestions and provide feedback to internal Lutron departments
- Stay current with all Lutron residential products and lighting solutions
- Generate required reports and management information to Sales management
- Keep records and contact information in a professional manner, using Salesforce.com that can be shared with appropriate Lutron people
- Communicate proactively with territory specification and window sales teams about Lutron sales opportunities beyond the residential market with territory, specifications and window sales teams
- Provide relevant, timely training to accounts on products, industry trends, LEED, etc., including both CEU and non-credit sessions·
- Keep accurate expense reports and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Stay aligned to Lutron's culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BA/BS degree or college diploma and equivalant experience
- 2-5 years sales or inside sales experience
- Aptitude to learn Lutron's channels, influencers, go to market strategies, products and total lighting solutions
- Willingness to travel in the GTA with occasional overnight travel to HQ or for training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience training and/or public speaking preferred
- Salesforce, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint experience a plus
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double digit growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE.