Procurement/Supply Chain Project Management Engineer
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Procurement/Supply Chain Project Management Engineer. In this position, you would be a key part of the purchasing team in Lutron China.
- Work with cross functional team to qualify potential new suppliers.
- Work with development team and strategy team on different types of components qualifications, that include but not limit to: part qualification, tooling, fixture, equipment and process qualification, define supplier manufacturing spec to ensure product launch successfully in Asia.
- Develop and execute supplier continuous improvement program to ensure high quality output and reduce overall cost.
- Focus on mechanical area and work with Lutron engineer for following activity:
- Frequently visit Lutron vendor as eyes & hands representing engineering team on shop floor.
- Provide local project management support – create tracking log for action items at both the supplier and Lutron and then ensuring follow-up occurs to complete actions in timely manner.
- Set up daily calls and meetings with CB engineering team to report daily business happens in Lutron local vendor by providing data, media, test report, action log, etc
- Assist tooling team to qualify Lutron tooling following Lutron procedure and other engineering process
- Assist engineering team to qualify parts, drive suppliers to complete FAIs, SOP/SIP, test setup and all other project related qualification activity.
- Ensure supplier implement engineering change per spec and work with supplier to build reliable quality control plan.
- Assist engineering to trouble shoot technical pain points and drive resolution with supplier.
- Monitor project production quality and deploy continuous improvement plan to ensure reliable manufacturing technology.
- Drive cost savings projects through development and execution of project plan, qualification process and final part/process approval.
- Support needs of the business as future engineering needs arise
- 0 ~ 2 years’ experience in quality management and control of mechanical & electronic field.
- Good understanding TS16949/ISO9000 and spoken English fluently.
- Good understanding on supplier and product quality methodology.
- Analytical & problem solving skills, teamwork and effective communication skills.
- Ability to work in cross functional team environment.
- Six Sigma Training / Green Belt certification, lean production knowledge and experience preferred
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double digit growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through LutronUniversity and advancement opportunities.