Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Procurement Engineer in Shanghai. In this position, you would be a key part of the Strategic Procurement team. A successful Strategic Procurement Engineer will ….
- Reduce component costs through lower cost supplier/technology and working with Engineering and Quality on qualification.
- Drive technology selection of new and existing products toward lower cost and preferred supplier solutions.
- Lead innovation by promoting collaboration between supplier engineers and Lutron’s engineering teams. This will utilize supplier expertise in developing new technologies and improving existing designs.
- Develop component cost driver analysis methods to identify true cost of components to Lutron.
- Develop commodity roadmaps and identify areas of overlap with Lutron and areas needing improvement.
- Work with key suppliers to ensure synergy between supplier product offerings and Lutron technology requirements.
- Support Strategic Buyers in building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers in Asia to ensure top quality components, innovation, continued product support and lowest delivered cost.
- Work cross-functionally within the organization between engineering, supply chain, finance and manufacturing to procure and manage components that are critical to Lutron's ever growing portfolio of innovative products
- Develop and implement cost reduction strategies while collaborating with both other procurement engineers, design engineering, quality and suppliers.
- Continuously evaluate, and implement world-class, global suppliers capable of supporting Lutron's technology needs
- Manage cost reduction projects with suppliers
- Strategically source and structure Lutron’s Asians supply chain for future growth and success
- Develop measures to mitigate supply chain risk
- Facilitate early supplier involvement in new product design
- Understand of the lighting control industry and how Lutron goes to market
- Work with overseas Lutron plants and supplier teams.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
•Bachelor's Degree required in Mechanical Engineering
•Minimum 5 years work experience in engineering or purchasing/supply chain
•Strategic thinking, with innovative ideas and a keen interest in cutting edge supply chain principals with the ability to effectively communicate ideas
•Must have: strong communication skill, negotiation skills, project management, problem solving, assertiveness, business savvy
•Computer skills required (MS Office)
•Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice