Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Plastics Engineer. In this position, you would be a key part of the Mechanical Technologies and Mold and Die team. A successful Plastics Engineer will ….
- Complete assigned projects related to the creation of custom plastic components and assemblies for all new products and for improvements to existing products.
- Work wit Lutron suppliers to review proposed Design for Molding plans, detailed tooling designs and overall tooling strategies to meet the needs of Lutron projects.
- Work with Procurement and Supply Chain engineers on the transfer of tooling from one supplier to another, as well as on tooling replacement projects.
- Build strong relationships with Mechanical Design Engineers and Suppliers in order to develop successful plastic part designs, mold designs and select the appropriate material for the application
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Must have BS in Engineering with a focus in Plastics
- Required Experience 2 - 5 years in Plastics, with a minimum of 3 months working in a Plastic Injection Molding operation
- Must have been exposed to typical plastics property measurement techniques, including concepts such as: dimensional measurement, melt flow rate measurement, color measurement, mold flow simulation software, etc
- Must be able to identify, analyze and solve problems with plastic molded parts, molds and injection molding processes.
- Must have commitment to quality, high sense of urgency and good oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills required - 3D CAD design software (Creo - preferred) and Mold simulation software (Moldflow - preferred)
- Willingness to travel overseas 25% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.