Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate job opportunity for a Paralegal who is a self-starter that desires to show ownership and commitment to a job. In this position, you would have a significant role within the Legal Team by assisting the Law Department with key initiatives and help "Take Care of the Company". A successful Paralegal will...
- Manage and lead multi-departmental compliance activities in international regions.
- Oversee and lead the administration of global subsidiary entity management activities, including processes for ensuring statutory and regulatory filings and records.
- Manage and lead document preparation and retention of resolutions, consents, corporate minute books and related records for board activities.
- Manage Law Department contracts including preparing, reviewing, and editing contracts, leases, and other documents; tracking and monitoring contract changes; negotiating terms and conditions; and identifying and summarizing potential liabilities or unfavorable terms and recommending resolutions, all as required within limits of authority delegated by management.
- Manage, maintain, and oversee all aspects of non-disclosure agreements including, but not limited to, preparing, reviewing, revising, negotiating, summarizing, organizing, tracking, and indexing same.
- Oversee and lead the preparation and filing of legal documents with appropriate entities and agencies as required.
- Gather, organize, summarize, index and maintain documents from various sources.
- Manage and maintain the company’s legal files and add or revise material as needed.
- Provide support for litigation and regulatory matters.
- Provide legal assistance to the Law Department attorneys and act as a liaison between the company and outside counsel, third parties, and in-house employees. In addition, work with company employees on cross-functional special projects and initiatives.
- Stay true to Lutron's Values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Graduate from an American Bar Association certified paralegal school.
- Excellent legal research background combined with outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a paralegal.
- Proven history working and directing with outside counsel.
- Demonstrated experience with database management in addition to the Microsoft Office Suite, including MSWord, MSExcel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- The ideal candidate will have well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com . EOE/AA.