Packaging Design Leader - Consumer Electronics
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a creative Packaging Design Leader - Consumer Electronics. In this position, you would be a key part of Lutron Design team collaborating with product managers, marketing, sales, and engineering teams to create world class packaging solutions that resonate with customers in various sales channels and markets to increase sales and enhance Lutron's Brand. A successful product packaging design leader will ….
- Deliver creative, world class packaging designs for new and existing products to increase sales and enhance Lutron's brand
- Effectively collaborate cross functionally with product management, marketing, sales, engineering teams
- Be able to effectively present packaging design concepts to senior leaders
- Be able to create packaging designs that resonate with a broad range of customers who have different needs, levels of awareness, and knowledge in Lutron's product categories.
- Identify new vendors, new materials and processes, consultants that will help Lutron improve the overall design and effectiveness of its Packaging designs
- Improve Lutron's abuility to create rapid prototypes of packaging concepts
- Improve Lutron's ability to test packaging designs to learn fast and interate to the best over designs quickly
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelors in Fine Arts, Product Design, Graphic Design, Architecture, Packaging Science or a related field with a 3.0 or greater GPA
- 7 to 10 years of packaging design experience including Retail and distribution channels a plus
- Creative thinker, hands on, skilled communicator, collaborator and team player
- Experience/Knowledge in product/packaging design, sales display and demo design, graphic design and branding
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.