Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a(n) Mechanical Technician. In this position, you would be a key part of the Engineering team. A successful Mechanical Technician will ….
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Technician at our Corporate Headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. In this position, you would be a key part of the Engineering team. A successful Mechanical Technician candidate will have a desire to work in a team environment on support of existing products and/or new product designs.
- Modeling of custom mechanical parts and assemblies in Creo
- Perform hands-on tasks such a prototype building
- Execute mechanical new product testing on products
- Perform design tweaks to improve design quality and facilitate easier assembly
- Support documentation and part specification for existing products
- Write visual aids and notebooks to guide Production during assembly
- Part verification and documentation of assembly tolerance stack analysis
- Multi task at a high level; manage 10-20 small (dynamic) projects in parallel
- Work with Engineering and Quality teams to gain consensus on part changes
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- 2 Year Associates Degree in Drafting, Mechanical Design or Mechanical Engineering Technology with a 3.0/4.0 GPA
- 0-5 years of experience with product development/support
- Interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships within the team and the organization
- Familiarity with project management and meeting customer order commitments
- Computer skills required: General (MS Word and Excel), Advanced Excel skills are a plus. Pro/E - Creo proficiency is required.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA