Corporate Senior Financial Analyst
We have an opportunity within our finance organization for a Corporate Senior Financial Analyst. This person will work closely with the corporate finance & accounting teams to report, analyze, and communicate the financial performance of the consolidated company, including the health of our lighting, shading & services sales businesses, as well as manufacturing and engineering. Areas of impact will include measuring our Sales, Gross Margin, Operating Expense groups and other non-financial metrics versus plan/budget. Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly commentary and analysis on senior management financial reports, including popping issues on both financial and non-financial issues
- Work with business analysts to understand state of the business in their specific area to consolidate analysis, validate forecasts and budget, and provide global corporate perspective and story on company’s financials
- Coordinating with business analysts to develop analysis for the board of directors that is accurate, probing and actionable with candor about the current situation and potential for future business success
- Support business leaders on corporate business budgeting & planning needs and develop metrics to measure goal achievements
- Institutionalization of financial accountability through strengthening business decision making process
- Develop corporate forecasts and facilitate the budgeting process
- Develop new analysis to deepen understanding of processes, to answer one off questions, and to explain unexpected variances
Key Elements of the Role:
- Fundamental understanding of the financial statements, with ability to proactively identify trends and business issues
- Deliver value to Senior Management, Business Leaders and other key stakeholders
- Clear understanding of the organizational structure and core businesses with the ability to influence business strategy to align with goals and objectives
- Protecting the company’s bottom line by challenging the status quo, and coordinating and developing in-depth analysis
We seek talented, success-minded people with the desire and ability to make things happen.
Interested applicants must:
- Have an MBA
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience
- Have excellent academic records, with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above
- Demonstrate leadership – thinking, setting direction, creativity, innovation, initiative, follow-through, and priority-setting
- High ethical standards who instills trust and credibility
- Communication skills to present and interact with business partners
- Ability to quickly learn our accounting general ledger and management reporting structures
- Knowledge of both Manufacturing & Sales processes including both business process & transactional flow of information would be a plus.
- Ability to analyze analytical assumptions and determine if they are effective
- Enjoy challenges, breaks through obstacles, settling for nothing less than excellence.
- Pay attention to the details, but not get hung up on them
- Experience with accounting information & budgeting
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide. Our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University, and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA