Learning Solutions Leader
Under the general direction of the VP, Talent Development, and in close collaboration with business leaders across the company, the Learning Solutions Leader is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing learning programs, tools, and resources that support Lutron employee development & skill building on a global basis.
The Learning Solutions Leader’s main time and focus will be on establishing and executing on an enterprise-wide learning plan. The Leader will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Lutron University. In addition, the Leader will also, design and develop learning materials and curricula based on identified needs, ensuring that all program materials are aligned with Lutron business objectives. Finally, the Leader will be responsible for evaluating the short- and long-term effectiveness of all programs and resources.
This is a role for someone who wants to make an immediate impact, but at the same time is open to growing professionally and learning new skills, strategies, and techniques.
Specialized Skill(s) Required:
Learning & Program Delivery
- Strong knowledge of principles of adult learning, curriculum, and instructional design
- Expertise and passion for the latest techniques, technologies and methods to enhance learning in organizations
- Knowledge of measurement of learning & training evaluation
Working Within The Company
- Ability to consult/advise business leaders and partner with them on learning strategy, skill development needs, and solutions
- Ability to learn our business and its complexities
- Ability to articulate a business case and provide analysis for capital or expense investments necessary to support proposed solutions
- Ability to interact and communicate well with others at all levels of the organization, especially senior stakeholders
- Familiarity with software development, coding, and scripting
- Familiarity with video, motion graphics, and sound recording/editing
- Familiarity with graphic design and print layout
- Expert proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Proficiency with the following applications: Articulate Storyline 2 / Articulate 360, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Premiere, and Adobe After Effects
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong customer orientation
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Great problem solving, judgment, and decision-making
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Resourceful – willing to hunt for answers on your own
- 10+ years of progressive experience in learning/training program design and development for technical employees.
- Track record of developing learning strategies and solutions leveraging instructional design principles and adult learning methods.
- Track record of adapting approaches to fit a variety of internal customer needs and organizational parameters
- Demonstrated skill applying new technology to learning program design and delivery (applications of collaborative technology and e-learning)
- 3-5 years exceptional project management experience, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Selection & management of training partner/vendor/consultant relationships
- Demonstrated capability implementing, utilizing, and managing an LMS and educating others on its use
- Track record of aligning with Recruitment/Staffing leaders to ensure development programs are aligned with incoming talent needs
- Development of targeted training metrics to evaluate training functions across the business unit
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.