Lead Tax Analyst
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for a Lead Tax Analyst at our worldwide headquarters in the Lehigh Valley, PA.
This is a key role within the Tax-Finance function. This position will report to the Senior Director - Tax and will have a concentration in income taxation at the International, US Federal and State levels. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure Lutron’s compliance with all income tax requirements, while identifying opportunities to lower Lutron’s global tax burden. Leveraging your tax knowledge and experience, you will also collaborate with the Tax team to increase efficiencies and implement improvements in various operational tax processes including sales/use/VAT/ and property tax areas.
- Serve as primary interface between internal accounting/finance staff and our external income tax compliance service providers. Ensure that required data is timely and accurately furnished.
- Assist in efforts to reduce the organization's tax burden while adhering to all federal, state, local, and international tax laws; assist in the elimination of all material tax penalties. Participate in ensuring tax payments are made accurately and timely.
- Stay current on latest international tax developments related to US Tax Reform (i.e. Transition Tax, GILTI, FDII, BEAT)
- Take an active role in the conduct of audits by governmental agencies and oversee the day-to-day compliance with auditor’s needs.
- Responsible for research of tax issues that are assigned or arise in support of the business and provide recommendations as appropriate.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or CPA required; Masters in Taxation a plus
- Minimum 5+ years experience in corporate tax preparation (1120, 5471, 6765, 8858, 1118, etc.); in-house experience at a US multinational manufacturer, preferred
- Solid experience with the preparation of both a consolidated and separate company return for both federal and state tax purposes
- General understanding of US & international tax rules (i.e. E&P, Subpart F, Section 956, 965, 986, 987, 988, and 861 regulations)
- Experience in interacting with governmental audit agencies, a plus
- Strong tax technical and research skills
- Possess strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.