IoT Engineering Manager
Lehigh Valley, PA
Location: Coopersburg, PA or Philadelphia, PA
Lutron Electronics, the global leader in lighting and home automation systems for industry and consumer, has an immediate opening for an Engineering Manager, IoT New Product Development.
Lutron is at the forefront of developing technologies which make an impact on customers in all domains (consumer, industrial manufacturing, commercial buildings). This is an exciting and impactful opportunity to manage a dynamic group, set the processes, and drive programs which will contribute to Lutron’s continued growth as a technological innovator.
You will lead a cross section of developers, test, hardware, and product management talent to build cutting edge IoT products. State of the art systems which will work seamlessly with the best in class communication and automation devices used all over the world today (Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Sonos, Apple Homekit, and many more). You and your team will create lighting and home automation technologies which will transform the industry and create amazing customer experiences in the multi-billion dollar global smart home market.
- Lead a cross-functional product development team, bringing together power electronics, embedded software systems, cloud software, mobile software, mechanical engineering, and high-volume manufacturing to develop innovative home automation lighting products
- Architect efficient, scalable, and cost-effective systems upon which world-class lighting products can easily be built
- Mentor and coach as needed to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Assure a standard of the highest quality via good design practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
- Embrace and model Lutron’s Core Culture and Values
- Passion; Innovative Thinking; Relentless Customer Focus;
- Highest Ethics and Standards; Flexible and Adaptable to Change
- BS Engineering (Electrical, Systems, Computer Science, Mechanical, or Physics) with at least a 3.0 GPA or equivalent. MS a plus
- 10 or more years of industry experience developing complex technology products for consumer or industry
- 5 or more years experience leading and managing projects and teams
- 2 or more years of industry experience in Engineering Project Leadership or Program Management.
- Technology and Tools: Agile development, Embedded Linux, GIT, Jira, Confluence, Amazon AWS, Python, Go
- Strong technical depth and hand-on experience in at least one of the following: Analog or Power Electronics, Digital Circuit Design, Embedded Software Development, Mechanical Part Design
- Strong demonstrated prior experience and knowledge of good design techniques, problem solving and testing methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, within team and cross functionally
- Proven success driving product development lifecycle from concept to customer
Lutron Electronics' position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.