Lutron Electronics has an immediate need for an Instructional Designer focused on creating interactive eLearning deliverables. In this position, you would be an integral part of the Customer Education team serving as a point of contact for instructional design projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
Work closely with business subject matter experts:
- Drive the development of instructional design projects and deliverables
- Collaborate with various departments to define, design and execute the development of all instructional materials including:
- Web-based modules
- Software simulation
- Instructional Videos
- Performance Support Tools
- Develop and maintain solid relationships and encourage a collaborative approach with departmental team members.
- Manage client and departmental expectations
- Stay current on trends in eLearning / Instructional Design, incorporating these new practices into training deliverables.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology, Educational Technology, or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience as an instructional designer / developer
- Demonstrates knowledge of instructional models and best practices
- Strong understanding of Articulate Storyline, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Captivate, Basic LMS use, Basic Sound Recording and Video Filming / Editing
- Highly organized; must be detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills and ability to multi-task effectively. Strong project management skills and experience running multiple projects in parallel and meeting timelines
- Demonstrated ability to interface constructively with multiple departments / teams
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong writing skills. Can assess the effectiveness of communications design including information hierarchy and visual/verbal integration
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills. Must be able to communicate ideas to all levels of management
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com . EOE/AA.