Innovation Leadership Program 2018 - UX Design Engineer
Innovation Leadership Program – UX Design Engineer
Join Lutron’s Innovation Leadership Program and you’ll develop the skills and knowledge needed to win in the world of innovation.
- Immediately join a user experience design team
- Participate in a monthly forum to share ideas
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary product managers, customers, engineers and business managers
- …and more!
The User Experience team at Lutron is a group of creative, diverse, and human-centered designers. The team works collaboratively to create innovative and intuitive solutions in the smart building industry.
Lutron has been at the forefront of developing smart building solutions for more than 20 years and is now a key part of the human-centered IoT ecosystem. Lutron is dedicated to delivering world class experiences by understanding customer needs and using that as a foundation for design.
A Day in the Life of a UX Design Engineer at Lutron
8:00am – Prepare day’s agenda, check and respond to emails
8:30am – Schedule stakeholder interviews and ideation sessions for a new iOS mobile app feature that allows homeowners to edit their HVAC temperature set points
9:00am – Review and synthesize user research from customer interviews and observations; develop personas and job stories
10:30am – Mock up a few ideas through low fidelity prototypes
12:00pm – Have lunch with a candidate interviewing for a job at Lutron
1:00pm – Communicate with various customer facing groups to schedule user tests
2:00pm – Conduct a meeting to review design ideas with peers and other stakeholders
3:00pm – Attend a meeting with developers to answer questions regarding a previous specification
4:00pm – Meet with the UX team to continue defining Lutron’s design system and share the latest trends in the industry
6:00pm – Meet up with co-workers on Lutron’s Volleyball courts for a tournament
Does this sound like how you would like to spend your day?
If so, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following criteria:
- BA/BS/MS in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Computer Science or related field with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze user needs
- Fundamental knowledge of design best practices and user-centered design principles
- Experience using Agile software development process, preferred
- Must be able to clearly articulate design concepts and prototypes - written, verbal and visual
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
- Experience designing dynamic interfaces that allow users to easily manage large and complex amounts of data is a plus
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Driven to maintain high standards of quality, even under pressure
For more information: www.lutron.com/careers , LinkedIn, Twitter @lutronjobs, YouTube lutronjobs EOE/AA