Innovation Leadership Program 2018 - Manufacturing Engineer
Innovation Leadership Program (ILP) - Manufacturing Engineer
Join Lutron’s Innovation Leadership Program and you’ll develop the skills and knowledge needed to win in the world of innovation.
- Immediately begin contributing to an engineering development team
- Participate in a monthly forum to share ideas
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary engineers, business managers, customers, and suppliers
- …and more!
Lutron Electronics is the world leader in the design and manufacture of lighting controls, lighting control systems and shading solutions for residential and commercial applications.
A Day in the Life of an ILP Manufacturing Engineer at Lutron
8:00am – Prepare day’s agenda, check and respond to emails
8:30am – Work directly with a new product development team to influence and recommend design alternatives for improved product manufacturability (Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly, mass customization, etc.)
9:00am – Work at desk: determine and develop the method and sequence of operations to manufacture a new product
10:30am – Co-lead a training class for new Lutron engineers on “Designing for Manufacturability”
12:00pm – Have lunch with a candidate interviewing for a job at Lutron
1:00pm – Work at desk: Prepare a proposal for new manufacturing tooling that will increase line output
2:30pm – Meeting: review design proposal with peers
3:00pm – Go to our Advanced Manufacturing Research Center: Conduct an engineering run of a new product. Perform an experiment to assess the capability of a newly developed process
6:00pm – Meet up with co-workers for a game of volleyball
Does this sound like how you would like to spend your day?
If so, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a history of “hands-on” life experiences
- Strong analytical, scientific, technical, problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented with a “root cause” driven approach to solutions
- Self-motivated with high amount of personal energy and a passion for excellence
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Capable of wearing many hats and juggling multiple priorities
- Comfortable with a high degree of work assignment variation
- A goal-oriented, driven, assertive and tenacious personality
- Willingness and ability to travel worldwide up to 25%, sometimes with little notice.
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double-digit growth annually. This growth has allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to help us service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that drive the creation of new or better products and services.
For more information: www.lutron.com/careers, LinkedIn, Twitter @lutronjobs, YouTube lutronjobs EOE/AA