Innovation Leadership Program 2017 - Supply Chain Engineer
Innovation Leadership Program - Project Supply Chain Engineer
Join Lutron’s Innovation Leadership Program and you’ll develop the skills and knowledge needed to win in the world of innovation.
- Immediately join a Supply Chain or Manufacturing project team
- Participate in a monthly forum to share ideas
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary engineers, business managers, customers, and suppliers
- …and more!
Lutron Electronics is the world leader in the design and manufacture of lighting controls, lighting control systems and shading solutions for residential and commercial applications.
A Day in the Life of a Project Supply Chain Engineer at Lutron
8:00am – Prepare day’s agenda, check and respond to emails
8:30am – Work at desk: Review daily manufacturing and inventory reports
9:00am – Cross functional team meeting with engineering, customer service, supply chain, and our manufacturing/distribution facilities to ensure timely order fulfillment of upcoming orders
10:30am – Co-lead a training class for new Lutron engineers on “Supply Chain Fundamentals”
12:00pm – Have lunch with a candidate interviewing for a job at Lutron
1:00pm – Work at desk: Prepare a strategic capital expenditure plan and production capacity study to insure the smooth launch of a new product into our Mexico facility
2:30pm – Meeting: review capital plan and production study with peers
3:30pm – Calculate current costs to build a product. Brainstorm design changes and new technologies to reduce costs and develop future cost models
6:00pm – Meet up with co-workers for a game of volleyball
Does this sound like how you would like to spend your day?
If so, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial, Supply Chain, or related discipline) with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Flexibility - Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Initiative - Drive to proactively meet customer needs, both internal and external customers
- Self-motivated with high amount of personal energy and a passion for excellence
- Determination - Perseverance to accomplish given goals in the time allotted regardless of obstacles
- Thoroughness - Follow-through to complete all critical tasks on projects to ensure success
- Creative Problem Solving - A passion to address complex needs, tasks or issues and develop creative solutions
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%, Travel to remote locations is likely and may be with short notice.
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double-digit growth annually. This growth has allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to help us service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that drive the creation of new or better products and services.
For more information: www.lutron.com/careers, LinkedIn, Twitter @lutronjobs, YouTube lutronjobs EOE/AA