Innovation Leadership Program 2017 - Mechanical Engineer
Innovation Leadership Program (ILP) - Mechanical Engineer
Join Lutron’s Innovation Leadership Program and you’ll develop the skills and knowledge needed to win in the world of innovation.
- Immediately join an engineering development team
- Participate in a monthly forum to share ideas
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary engineers, business managers, customers, and suppliers
- …and more!
Lutron Electronics is the world leader in the design and manufacture of lighting controls, lighting control systems and shading solutions for residential and commercial applications.
A Day in the Life of an ILP Mechanical Engineer at Lutron
8:00am – Prepare day’s agenda, check and respond to emails
8:45am – Meeting: discuss design of plastic injection mold for new user interface
9:30am – Stop by machine shop to discuss prototype designs and to order models
10:00am – Visit local job site to install prototype products and gather firsthand customer feedback
12:00pm – Attend Engineering Development Forum session to discuss a culture of innovation
1:00pm – Meeting: brainstorming session on how to reduce costs on an existing product
2:00pm – Work at desk: use Pro/E 3D modeling software for new part design
3:45pm – Weekly meeting: update team on progress of your projects
4:15pm – Get travel signed-off by supervisor for CES trade show in Las Vegas
4:30pm – Work at desk: build up working prototypes of a new design for a sales demonstration
6:00pm – Meet up with co-workers for indoor rock climbing
Does this sound like how you would like to spend your day?
If so, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Science, Physics, or Math, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Strong fundamental understanding of 3D modeling software and rapid prototyping techniques; injection molding experience is a plus
- Enjoys working collaboratively while also thriving in a leadership position
- Willingness to travel – visit and troubleshoot job sites, oversee manufacturing at other facilities, take offsite training courses, accompany a salesperson to showcase your new product to a customer
- Hands-on attitude and strong work ethic
- Communication skills with all departments and disciplines
- Ability to take direction from others while also being able to work independently
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Self-starting, inquisitive, flexible, multi-tasking
- Driven to maintain high standards of quality, even under pressure
For more information: www.lutron.com/careers, LinkedIn, Twitter @lutronjobs, YouTube lutronjobs