Innovation Leadership Program 2017 - Application Software Engineer-PEN
Innovation Leadership Program - Project Application Software Engineer - Philadelphia
Join Lutron’s Innovation Leadership Program and you’ll develop the skills and knowledge needed to win in the world of innovation.
- Immediately join an engineering development team
- Participate in a monthly forum to share ideas
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary engineers, business managers, customers, and suppliers
- …and more!
Lutron Electronics is the world leader in the design and manufacture of lighting controls, lighting control systems and shading solutions for residential and commercial applications.
Philadelphia - our newest engineering office
- Live and work in a vibrant metropolitan area
- Located on the 12th floor of the FMC building in downtown Philadelphia
- Restaurants, food trucks and parks all within walking distance
- A short drive to our engineering headquarters in Coopersburg, PA
- Be part of building the future of Lutron software engineering
A Day in the Life of a Project Application Software Engineer at Lutron
8:00am – Prepare day’s agenda, check and respond to emails, touch base with team at headquarters
8:30am – Touch base with supervisor during daily scrum meeting to discuss progress on projects and to review priorities moving forward
9:00am – Collaborate with team: design classes and stub out methods for a new iOS mobile app feature that allows homeowners to edit their HVAC temperature set points.
10:30am – Lead a webinar class for lighting designers on how to configure Lutron’s advanced lighting systems
12:00pm – Have lunch with coworkers and throw a Frisbee around
1:00pm – Work at desk: fix and re-run unit tests that failed in last night’s build
2:00pm – Work at desk: incorporate new images from the graphics design team into the app to prepare for a functional review
2:30pm – Conference call meeting: review design proposal with peers
3:30pm – Receive a call from Tech Support, speak to a customer to resolve a unique technical issue
4:00pm – Attend a functional conference call review meeting with stakeholders to go over the workflow and aesthetics on the iOS app
6:00pm – Meet up with co-workers at the gym
Does this sound like how you would like to spend your day?
If so, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Math, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Strong understanding of object oriented design concepts using C++/C#/Java, experience with GUI development, design patterns, database architecture and network programming; Human Computer Interaction (HCI) experience is a plus; mobile app development experience is a plus
- Enjoys working collaboratively while also thriving in a leadership position
- Willingness to travel – visit and troubleshoot job sites, take offsite training courses, accompany a salesperson to showcase new products to a customer
- Hands-on attitude and strong work ethic
- Communication skills with all departments and disciplines
- Ability to take direction from others while also being able to work independently
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Self-starting, inquisitive, flexible, multi-tasking
- Driven to maintain high standards of quality, even under pressure
For more information: www.lutron.com/careers , LinkedIn, Twitter @lutronjobs, YouTube lutronjobs EOE/AA