Information Technology Specialist - 2018
Information Technology Specialist
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an opening for an Information Technology Specialist. In this position, you would be a key part of the Information Systems team at our corporate headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. A successful Information Technology Specialist will use their technical and customer service skills to solve technical problems for the organization. Start your career focusing on a 24-month rotation through multiple areas of IT. Rotations may include Application Development, Infrastructure, Security, Business Analytics, ERP, etc. During this process, you will shadow many areas of the business, making contacts and gaining an overall understanding of our business and the role IT plays interacting with them. Build and hone your skills in multiple IT disciplines. You will have the opportunity to explore a variety of areas of IT over the course of your career at Lutron.
Lutron Electronics is the world leader in the design and manufacture of lighting controls, lighting control systems and shading solutions for residential and commercial applications.
- Manage all phases of projects driving them to completion
- Work closely with a team with other highly skilled computer science and information technology professionals to deliver top-quality IT solutions
- Devise and implement new IT processes for continuous improvement
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Technology or Management Information Systems with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Knowledge of computer systems, programming language, operating systems, networking and/or database
- Internship or Co-op experience, preferred
- Hands-on attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Self-starting, inquisitive, flexible, multi-tasking
- Driven to maintain high standards of quality, even under pressure
- The ability and interest in managing multiple projects and changing priorities
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities.
For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com.