HVAC Controls Design & Development Leader
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a highly motivated HVAC Controls Engineering Leader at our Corporate Headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. In this position, you would be part of our growing Systems business supporting our global HVAC control solutions that are designed to save energy, improve comfort and the aesthetics of every space. As a leader and part of a cross-functional engineering team you will conceive and design exciting new HVAC Controls and System Solutions. You will have the opportunity to join a rapidly growing business, delivering world-class products that will be used in high-end residences and commercial hospitality applications.
- Lead the design and development of HVAC control products and solutions.
- Supervise and help teams identify fundamental issues and remove technical roadblocks.
- Work with Lutron’s HVAC Center of Excellence and evaluate new solution requests and determine solutions that meet the customer’s needs.
- Train our engineering staff, System Sales Engineers and support groups.
- Establish relationships with external HVAC manufacturers and consultants.
- Lead teams in the development of design concepts and identification of cost reduction and product improvement opportunities.
- Stay aligned to Lutron's cultures and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelor of Science: ME, EE or Computer Engineering (Min 3.0 GPA).
- 15+ years of practical HVAC control design and development experience.
- Expert in basic and advanced control of HVAC operation and equipment globally.
- Excellent communication skills across all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
- Design and development of commercial and residential HVAC control products. Including hardware, software, control algorithms and system qualification plans.
- Knowledgeable in HVAC systems operations, globally.
- Temperature and humidity sensor design and control.
- Knowledge and understanding of Heat transfer and Physics of HVAC systems.
- Ventilation control and zone distribution.
- Thermostat interface design and logic for equipment operation, equipment protection, linear and non-linear control algorithms (PI, PID) and equipment sequencing and supervisory control.
- Equipment: Heat pumps, Gas/Oil systems, Condenser units, VRV/VRF. Water chillers, air handlers and commercial packaged zone (PTAC, Water source HP, Fan Coil Units). Electric and Hydronic Underfloor heating.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com . EOE/AA.