Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Lutron Electronics Co. Inc. has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Manager based at our Ashland, VA location. In this position you will apply your experience to recruit, hire, and develop the careers of our team across the facility to support the growth of our motorized shade and window treatment business.
- Develop the staff in the facility through training programs and day to day coaching.
- Own, implement and improve our leadership and career development programs.
- Build relationships with local colleges, universities, and technical schools that will be sources for co-ops and full time employees.
- Recruit and hire engineers, technicians, and manufacturing support that help us achieve our cost, quality, and delivery goals and continuously improve productivity.
- Assist with developing staffing plans to support the facility and the growth of our window treatment business.
- Participate in, as well as lead, continuous improvement projects.
- BS degree in Human Resources with strong academic performance (GPA 3.0 or higher)
- 10 + years of industry experience managing and developing the careers of technical, supervisory, and management level teams through the development and implementation of programs across an organizatioin to help each team member achieve their full potential
- Experience recruiting and hiring top talent across various departments including engineers and technicians
- Demonstrated expertise working with managers and supervisors across the organization to assess training and development needs that can be tied back to measureable improvement goals for each employee and department
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across all departments in the plant as well as our corporate headquarters and international locations
- Track record of developing and building relationships with area high schools, technical schools, colleges, and universities to support their technical curriculums that will also benefit the long term needs of their programs, the community, and our operation
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to serviciing our worldwide customers has resulted in annual double digit growth. This growth in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.