Field Service Engineering - Toronto
Advanced Training for Advanced Lighting Controls
Install, Commission, and Troubleshoot complex lighting control systems
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for a Field Service Engineering in the Toronto, Canada metro area. A successful Field Service Engineering will drive for excellence in customer satisfaction, enjoy solving complex problems, and have a passion for innovative technology. As a Field Service Engineering, you will get to visit customer sites, including famous locations such as Waterpark Place, Bay Adelaide East, University of Toronto, and Humber River Hospital.
In this position, you would be a key part of our expanding Field Service team as the Lutron expert at customer sites insuring that our advanced lighting systems are commissioned properly and serviced post-installation. This role is an integral part of our customer-focused business model as customers are the foundation of our business. With your passion for the customer as a foundation, Lutron will train you on the latest lighting control technologies...no previous lighting or electrical knowledge required. Build your career in an innovative, growing company by developing a working knowledge of Lutron systems and supporting our customers.
- Become proficient in servicing all Lutron Systems while following field service procedures
- Coordinate with on-site contractors and facility managers to ensure proper system installation
- Focus on lifecycle product service (troubleshooting, repair, training end-users, and upgrades)
- Troubleshoot and repair of commercial systems installations
- Work independently from your home office to accommodate the ever changing needs and priorities of our customers
- Serve as a technical expert for legacy systems and products
- Understand Lutron business, customers, and sales channels for positive interaction with all parties
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- 4 year college degree (GPA 2.8+), STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) school degree, or related experience
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time and a valid driver's license
- 3 to 5 years work experience helping customers get the most out their investment
- Experience with troubleshooting, installing or commissioning technical products or systems, a plus
- The ability to professionally interface with a wide range of customers from contractors to specifiers
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced workplace
- Must be able to pass background checks and drug screens, as required
- Excellent communication skills, the desire to be challenged every day, and a professional attitude are required
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double-digit growth annually. This growth has allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to help us service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.