Field Engineering Development Program 2017 - Electical/Computer/Mechanical Engineer
Field Engineering Development Program - 2017
Learn and grow with the world leader in lighting control systems, Lutron Electronics. Apply your technical knowledge to support the development of leading edge lighting control systems, coordinate their installation, and train with industry professionals. As part of our Field Service team, you'll have an opportunity to learn our business from the ground up with a great deal of responsibility and autonomy early in your career.
As a member of the Field Engineering Development Program, you will be tasked with a variety of responsibilities that will keep you growing professionally and personally.
- You will take part in an intensive 4-6-month rotational training program at our Coopersburg, PA headquarters. This program is designed to quickly integrate recent graduates into Lutron's Field Service team.
- The rotations consist of up to 2 weeks at our PA Headquarters followed by 4 weeks in the field, recurring for the 4-6 month period.
- You will learn Lutron's business, products, and culture.
- You will be trained on the skills needed to be a successful Lutron Service team member.
- Field Service Development candidates will have the opportunity to work with experienced Field Engineers in the field, and learn from the best in the industry.
- At the program end you will be fully qualified to work independently
- Travel expectations: Territory based travel to multiple customer locations, and construction sites.
Our Field Service team members are directly responsible for supporting and commissioning lighting control systems and driving the development and growth of Lutron's Service organization. Team members also support the introduction of new products and services, improving selection and operation for new and existing markets. As part of the Lutron team, you will work closely with the sales force to demonstrate new products and train users.
Outstanding Field Engineers are friendly and outgoing, well organized and enjoy interfacing directly with customers and contractors. They are good listeners and strong communicators, utilizing their verbal and written skills daily. They are proactive and can work in an unstructured environment, with little or no supervision, while educating themselves on product and services. They possess successful time management skills. They are geographically flexible and open to relocation in a major metro area in the US.
We seek talented, driven, self-starters with the desire and ability to make things happen, and handle problems and issues independently. Our baseline requirements are simple:
- Due to the technical nature of the position, 4 year degrees are required in Electrical, Computer, and Mechanical Engineering.
- 3.0+ GPA.
- Technical/Leadership experience outside the classroom
- Must be willing to travel approximately 60% of your time within the territory you’re assigned to.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 40% of your time outside the territory you’re assigned to.
- Relocate to one of the following major metro areas: Flexible (East, Central, West), New York City, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco, or Washington D.C.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.