European Standards Leader
EU Standards Leader - London Based
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Standards Leader. In this position, you would be a key part of the Standards team. A successful candidate will maintain Lutron’s thought leadership in key regional industry associations, influence regional standards to maintain market availability for Lutron products, and support business growth by ensuring that we are developing the right solutions for the region that are positioned to maximize business impact.
· Standards Development
- Drives standards to protect Lutron’s access to the market and to create new market opportunities
- Influences regional associations and standards to grow the market for lighting and shading controls
- Gathers knowledge about the industry, competitive activity, and regulatory trends and gleaned from standards activities.
· Leadership Knowledge
- Enhances Lutron’s reputation by managing relationships with key influencers and presenting on key development areas at industry and key customer events, in conjunction with local sales initiatives
- Opens the door for large sales opportunities for sales teams.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
· Technology Strategic Support
- Understands Lutron’s product technology roadmap, and the key people in Engineering and Product Management who are driving it.
- Provides recommendations to Engineering / Product Management on product technology strategy
- Proposes the development of regional strategic alliances and manage relationships
Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Degree Requirements and preferred education (i.e. BS required, MBA preferred)
- Min 5 years’ experience. Must have some experience in standards.
- Fluent in English, German optional.
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE.