Engineering Project Leader (Florida)
Boynton Beach, FL
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for an Engineering Project Leader at our Engineering Facility in Boynton Beach, FL. In this position, you would be a key part of the Engineering Development team, developing innovative and high quality products for lighting and energy control systems.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group at an exciting time in the lighting industry—learning from experiences and from one another; we are always seeking to develop new innovations and product concepts, discover new technologies and process improvement methods. Products and systems you develop are destined for use in exciting residential and commercial environments, providing concrete goals and a high degree of satisfaction when these goals are met.
- Lead a cross-functional product team, bringing together power electronics, embedded systems, mechanical engineering, and high-volume manufacturing to develop innovative lighting products
- Facilitate the design of maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while leading a team of highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality software/hardware to the end user
- Architect efficient, scalable, and cost-effective systems upon which world-class lighting products can easily be built
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of your team via good design practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Engineering Physics with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent).
- At least 7 years of industry experience in Product Development.
- Strong technical depth and hand-on experience in at least one of these areas: Analog or Power Electronics, Digital Circuit Design, Embedded Software Development, Mechanical Part Design
- Strong working knowledge of good design techniques, problem solving and testing methods.
- 2 or more years of industry experience in Project Leadership or Program Management.
- Experience leading teams and managing engineers
- Excellent communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity.
Lutron Electronics' position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.