IoT Engineering Manager
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for an IoT Engineering Manager at our Global Engineering headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. In this position, you would lead Engineering teams to create products and systems that work with products like Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Sonos, Apple Homekit, and many more to create great customer experiences in the rapidly growing connected home market.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group at an exciting time in the lighting and smart home industry—learning from experiences and from one another; we are always seeking to develop new innovations and product concepts, discover new technologies and process improvement methods.
- Take ownership of cost quality and delivery of large multi discipline engineering project launches
- Develop world-class IoT engineering process and organization
- Lead a cross-functional product teams, bringing together power electronics, embedded systems, mechanical engineering, Application software, cloud software, and high-volume manufacturing to develop innovative lighting and smart home products
- Facilitate the design of maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while leading and developing a large team of highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality software/hardware to the end user
- Architect efficient, scalable, and cost-effective systems upon which world-class lighting products can easily be built
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of your team via good design practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Engineering Physics with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent).
- At least 8 years of industry experience in Product Development.
- Strong technical depth and hands-on experience in at least one of these areas: Analog or Power Electronics, Digital Circuit Design, Embedded Software Development, System software, System Architecture, Mechanical Part Design
- High level of ownership and customer focused approach
- 5 or more years of industry experience in Project Leadership or Program Management.
- Experience leading teams and managing engineers
- Experience Building and Developing teams
- Excellent communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
Lutron Electronics' position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.