Embedded Firmware Project Leader
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron is a human and technology-centered and people-driven company. We have a long history of significant growth and smart innovations.
- The industry is born: Our founder’s first invention of an energy saving solid state dimmer and the resulting inception of Lutron in 1961 marked the birth of the lighting control industry.
- Control systems for every market: Lutron has control solutions targeting a wide variety of light, shade, and temperature applications for a single room all the way up to a multi-building campus. Our distinguished installations include The White House, the homes of numerous celebrities, The Empire State Building, 49ers Stadium, LEGOLAND theme park (Günzburg), NASA HQ, and multiple others.
- Smart connected systems and IoT: Lutron has been at the forefront of innovating products for smart homes and connected buildings for more than 20 years and is now providing leadership in the human-centered IoT ecosystem. Our strategic alliances include integration with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Sonos, Nest, IFTTT, and multiple others.
- Foster sustainability, save energy, and protect our environment: Lutron controls have reduced electrical use by 9.2 billion kWh, which reduces our customers’ electric bills by more than $1 billion annually.
Why is Lutron a good place for Embedded Firmware Engineering Leader
- For almost 60 years, Lutron has innovated many thousands of new products and has a broad repertoire of 3,000+ design and product patents.
- We develop our hardware and software, which enables us to provide superior end-to-end experience for our users.
- Lutron’s engineers design and develop solutions in embedded, IOT, mobile, web, desktop/server, and cloud-based environments using leading technologies and processes.
- We have a collaborative culture, you will be working side by side on cross-functional teams with other highly skilled engineers and designers, learning from their experiences while still having your voice heard.
What you’ll do at Lutron
- Architect stable, efficient, and scalable platforms upon which world-class embedded devices are be built
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets
- Work closely with product management in understanding the technical challenges
- Lead a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality software/hardware to the end user
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, system architecture design, protocol and communications architecture, database and object model design, software development, testing, trouble-shooting, and software maintenance
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
What we're looking for
- BS in Computer, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited program, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- 8 or more years of industry experience in the field of embedded software/hardware development
- Thorough knowledge of embedded system development fundamentals
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various software design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of good programming techniques, and good familiarity with real time schedulers
- Excellent Communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Experiance setting up and maintaining a continuous development pipeline including tools to automate the build and verification process.
- Willingness to travel 15% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
- Technical experience required is the majority of the areas:
- Wireless Communications standards
- Real Time Embedded Systems
- High-level programming languages such as C and C++
- Software-hardware communications
- Interface programming
- Motor control programming
- Hardware development of microcontroller or microprocessor control circuits using 8/32 bit or ARM processor
- Protocol development
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.