Design & Development Mechanical Engineer
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer at our Corporate Headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. In this position, you will be a key part of our Wallbox business. As a member of our cross-functional engineering team you will conceive, design and produce exiting new high volume Wallbox products. You will have the opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with a history of delivering world-class products that delight customers in residences and commercial offices. Our products are designed to save energy, improve comfort and improve the functionality of every space. We are always seeking to discover new technologies, assembly techniques, materials, and process improvement methods to bring more value to our customers.
- Design component and assembly concepts, identification of cost reduction and product improvement opportunities
- Create 3D models of new mechanical components and assemblies
- Complete mechanical engineering analyses of components and assemblies: FEA, Tolerance Analysis, DFM, FMEA
- Be open to learning (if not currently skilled) Finite Element Analysis (FEA) models of complex assemblies and loading conditions.
- Work with other engineers to ensure that thorough engineering analyses have been completed and risks to cost, quality and delivery have been identified.
- Source prototype components using our 3D printers, from our in-house machine shop or nearby vendors.
- Assemble functional and aesthetically accurate prototypes for review with senior management.
- Conduct effective design reviews to share your work and gather feedback for alternatives and improvements
- Rapidly iterate through the design process to arrive at a solutions that meets cost and quality objectives while meeting key product specifications
- Work closely with our purchasing team and vendors to source and quality production tooling.
- Collaborate with team members in our manufacturing facilities to introduce new products/components
- Troubleshoot manufacturing and customer issues
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good design principles, process improvements, safety, aesthetics, smart testing and review practices.
- Stay aligned to Lutron's cultures and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience in the field of mechanical product design
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals (beam bending, free body diagram, material properties, etc.)
- Proficiency with Pro/Engineer or similar parametric CAD software
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various part manufacturing processes, such as plastic injection molding and sheet metal fabrication
- Excellent communication skills with all departments and disciplines
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.