Competitive Analysis - Product Management
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Competitive Strategy Rep - Product Management. In this position, you would be a key member of the Commercial Product Management team focused on identifying, communicating, and developing strategy around competitive differentiation and market trends. This is a developmental role that will eventually lead to full product strategy ownership.
- Summarize, analyze and present competitor or market news
- Develop in-depth competitor overviews
- Based on analysis, provide insights and implications to Lutron's product development team
- Leverage your technical skills and analytical experience to compare Lutron solutions to competitor solutions at a feature, spec point level
- Develop 3rd party or other methods for accessing competitor products and software
- Identify and understand market trends that may impact our future business.
- Identify "Pepsi Challenge" type opportunities
- Develop and deliver competitive sales training to Lutron sales teams and our representative agencies
- Train the area systems sales engineers so they can support our sales teams in defending against competitor threats to winning jobs
- Develop a messaging strategy in response to the competitive differentiation, incorporate this messaging into marketing collateral.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Engineering BS; 4 year EET or equivalent technical experience required
- Experience researching, analyzing, connecting seemingly unrelated data points to create an overall picture of a market and competitors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience teaching others, preferably technically-related subjects
- Ability to work with engineering to understand and analyze competitive products
- Ability to talk to customers, reps, sales and pull information out of people
- A plus: Knowledge of the lighting control and construction market / industry
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double digit growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE.