Communications Account Leader
Lutron Electronics has an immediate need for a Communications Account Leader focused on communications plan development, project management and execution in collaboration with our Business, Marketing, and Product Management teams. In this position, you would be an integral part of the Marketing and Product Launch team serving as the initial point of contact for all assigned client projects. In this highly visible and critical role, you will drive development of integrated marketing campaigns, coordinate with a broad group of functional teams, and help validate the impact of these initiatives on business growth.
Work closely with business, new product launch and marketing teams to:
- Drive the development and execution of multichannel, integrated marketing campaigns and hard-hitting communications and promotional plans that support new product launches, sales growth and innovation initiatives and our customers
- Provide strategic direction and counsel to clients in the development of marketing campaign messaging and plans utilizing market best practices and channel knowledge.
- Aid the development of core campaign messaging that effectively communicates the Lutron story to a variety of customer types and ensure these messages are effectively executed across the campaign projects.
- Collaborate with creative teams to define, plan and execute the development of all promotional collateral for marketing campaigns including: Brochures, Trade shows, Web, Displays, Advertising Digital assets, Video, eMarketing
- Develop and maintain solid client relationships and encourage a collaborative approach with departmental team members.
- Provide critical project management for in-house creative team of designers and writers by establishing and monitoring project timelines, managing business priorities to assist with workload balance, and allocating internal and outsourced resources
- Manage client and departmental expectations, as well as communications project execution to meet deadline and budget requirements
- Anticipate project team conflicts and proactively troubleshoot to creatively meet the needs of the clients within project guidelines and scope
- Evaluate the impact of the communications activities on the business and utilize results to ensure future initiatives are effective
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- 5-7 years of experience as a account manager/project driver in an agency, building products manufacturer or reseller of building products. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of marketing best practices in the B2B and B2C fields
- Strong understanding of the benefits of communications channels, with the ability to match the channel with the client’s communications need.
- Highly organized; must be detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills and ability to multitask effectively.
- Strong project management skills and experience meeting aggressive timelines
and managing budgets
- Experience in multiple aspects of marketing programs – literature, trade shows, training and sales programs, advertising, and press/public relations
- Demonstrated ability to interface constructively with clients, sales, marketing, and product development teams.
- Experience in new product introductions and marketing campaigns
- Operates effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong design and writing comprehension. Can assess the effectiveness of communications design including information hierarchy and visual/verbal integration.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills. Must be able to communicate ideas to all levels of management.
- Solid understanding of design and production processes
- Experience with agency or vendor management
- Strong computer skills (spreadsheets, databases and word processing): experience with project management software plus
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and
retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.