Building Management System/IT Engineer - Lehigh Valley
Building Management System/IT Engineer
Lutron Electronics is recognized as the world leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of quality lighting control and window treatment systems for over forty years. Lutron lighting control solutions integrate with building management systems in commercial office buildings, hotels, and campuses to enable seamless whole building and whole campus control and monitoring capabilities.
As a Building Management System/IT Engineer you will work with customers to ensure successful integration of Lutron Systems with industry leading building management systems and proper inter-operability with corporate networks. You will work with Lutron engineering, Lutron field service engineers, manufacturers of other systems, field integrators and IT departments to deliver the functionality our customers need. A successful candidate must have a strong background in building management systems, IT networking, and security.
- Work with customers and Lutron’s service team to ensure proper specification of Lutron integrated BMS solutions.
- Work with corporate IT departments to understand their unique IT needs and provide solutions.
- Resolve field issues working with internal and external resources.
- Establish and maintain relationships with BMS and integration partners.
- Work with BMS and integration partners to create continuous integration test strategies to ensure Lutron and BMS system compatibility.
- Create and revise customer facing and internal technical documentation.
- Train Lutron’s service team, sales, project managers and customers on best practices for successful integration and inter-operability of Lutron systems with building management systems and corporate networks.
- Work with engineering teams on the specification of new integration features
· Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
· 3+ years hands on experience with building management systems
· Experience with hotel property management systems and/or audio/visual systems
· Knowledge of several industry standard integration protocols such as BACnet, Modbus, LonWorks, KNX, N2, Opera, HotSOS
· Knowledge of IT integration protocols such as telnet, SSH, XML, and JSON
· Knowledge of basic IT security principles, especially those related to system integration
· Knowledge of basic commercial and residential IT networking principles, such as VLANs, Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking
· Knowledge of cloud computing and services
· Strong communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
· Strong customer service skills
· Technical writing experience
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.