Associate Sales Representative, Budget Blinds
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for an Outside Sales Representative across US and Canada through the Budget Blinds franchise network. A successful Sales person will drive Lutron sales in a business to business environment selling automated shading and lighting control technology. We work with our customers by providing information, service and business support to positively influence decision makers in the Residential business to view Lutron as their first and full choice for automated shading and lighting controls.
Expand markets and cultivate new customers while doing one of the most important jobs at Lutron Electronics. Build your career in an innovative, growing company that is a leader in the market by becoming a key member of our sales team.
- Drive sales growth through Budget Blinds franchises to meet yearly targets.
- Build strong, lasting business relationships with Budget Blinds franchisees, sales team members, and installers
- Conduct joint sales calls on the specification community with local franchisees
- Uncover account needs and propose Lutron solutions to solve these needs. Work with the account to proactively execute solutions and drive our sales to meet or exceed goals.
- Provide comprehensive customer care for each account by working on their behalf with all internal Lutron departments to assure their needs are being met by Lutron. Solve problems for accounts and quickly resolve any conflicts or disagreements.
- Sign on new accounts and drive incremental sales at existing accounts.
- Stay current with market trends and anticipate account needs and opportunities. Listen to product suggestions and provide feedback to internal Lutron departments. Stay current with all Lutron mid-market residential solutions.
- Generate required reports and management information to Sales management. Keep records and contact information in a professional manner that can be shared with appropriate Lutron people.
- Communicate proactively with sales management about Lutron sales opportunities beyond the current product level access of franchisees.
- Lead Smart Home Consultant Qualification training and train franchise staff for ongoing development.
- Keep accurate expense reports and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Stay aligned to Lutron's culture and values.
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BA/BS degree or college diploma and equivalent experience, 3.0 GPA is required
- Aptitude to learn Lutron's channels, influencers, go to market strategies, products and total lighting solutions
- Willingness to travel 75% of the time
- 0-5 years experience in sales or sales support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Salesforce, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint experience a plus
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double digit growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE.