Applications Engineer - Mexico City
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for an Applications Engineer. In this position, you would be a key part of the operations team working directly with the sales team to ensure quality control on deliverables and support the Lutron sales team as well as Lutron’s customers
A successful Applications Engineer will:
- Will support MEP and EE Engineers in the implementation of Lighting Control Systems and will provide answer to technical questions and system functionality.
- Will be in charge of managing RFQs, RFIs, and other deliverables with both external parties (Builders, Project Managers, Contractors, etc.) and internally (Commercial sales teams, distributors, engineering, etc.)
- Will be in charge of managing project agendas including deadlines, required programming visits by Lutron Field Engineers, site visits, and related activities expected of a project manager.
- Will revise Lutron’s design submittals with specifications teams and sales teams for quality control purposes and to ensure client requirements/needs are successfully met.
- Will help the Technical Drawings team by making immediate revisions of deliverables, so the sales teams can meet special deadlines.
- Will generate reports for Specification Sales leader on pipeline generation and sales conversions.
- Will participate in sales calls with designers, builders, project managers, and other influencers as part of project management responsibilities and proactive project coordination.
- Degree in engineering, architecture or business with a greater than 3.0 GPA and ability to learn and understand technical concepts and terms.
- At least 4 years of experience as a project manager or coordinator
- Experience solving complex problems within a team environment
- Able to understand Electrical and Low Voltage Plans
- Excellent verbal communication
- Excellent organization skills and experience working with schedules and tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel with little or no notice. Expected to travel 5-20% of the time.
- Willingness to relocate to Mexico City
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM software
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Ideally Adobe Software)
- Fluent in Spanish and English
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double digit growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website atwww.lutron.com . EOE.