Engineering Project Leader
Boynton Beach, FL
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Engineering Project Leader at our South Florida engineering center. In this position, you will be a key part of the Engineering Development Team, designing innovative and high quality analog and power electrical designs for lighting and energy control systems.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group at an exciting time in the lighting industry as we develop new innovation from product concepts and circuit technologies to process improvements and new applications. You will design products and systems that are destined for use in exciting residential and commercial environments, providing concrete goals and a high degree of satisfaction when our goals are met.
- Lead and mentor a team of 5-10 engineers and technicians in new product development, implementing analog/power electronics circuit designs for use in lighting controls, from concept to completion.
- Work closely with a cross-functional group of highly skilled engineers outside your immediate team to deliver an excellent standard of quality via good design principles, process improvements, safety, clean designs, analysis/simulation, smart testing and review practices.
- Collaborate with project leaders and functional leaders of mechanical, software and manufacturing engineering disciplines to deliver high quality products to the marketplace.
- Balance a variety of tasks from circuit design to testing to trouble-shooting, such as:
- Hands-on implementation of analog/power electronic circuits
- Build and test concepts and prototypes using a variety of different equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, surge testers, ESD guns, etc.
- Become familiar with domestic and international certifications and direct design towards successful regulatory compliance (such as UL, CE, FCC, ETSI, IC)
- Lead and be an innovator who is able to get the most out of existing products and systems while adding new technologies, capabilities and performance in new products.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Minimum: BS in Electrical Engineering (GPA > 3.0)
- Eight or more years of industry experience in the field of analog/power circuits in a product development role
- Thorough knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various design and testing protocols
- Proficiency with circuit design and simulation tools such as Altium and Spice
- Prior technical leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills with all departments and disciplines
- Skillful at solving challenging problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little notice.
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. Consequently, the company continues to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that turn into new and better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.