Analog Design & Development Leader
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for an Analog Design & Development Leader at our Engineering Facility in Cambridge, MA. In this position, you would be a key part of the Engineering Development team, developing innovative analog circuits and power electronic topologies for lighting and energy control systems.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group—learning from experiences and from one another; we are always seeking to discover new technologies, new hardware technology, and process improvement methods. Products and systems you develop are destined for use in exciting residential and commercial environments, providing concrete goals and a high degree of satisfaction when these goals are met.
- Architect efficient, scalable, and cost-effective systems upon which world-class lighting products can easily be built
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while leading a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality software/hardware to the end user
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, circuit simulations, prototyping, testing, trouble-shooting, and software maintenance
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good design practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BS in Electrical Engineering, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent).
- 10-15 years of industry experience in the field of Analog and/or Power Electronics design.
- Thorough knowledge of Analog and Power Electronics fundamentals.
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various circuits.
- Strong working knowledge of good design techniques.
- 3 or more years of industry experience in Project Leadership.
- Experience leading and managing engineers
- Excellent Communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Willingness to travel 15% of the time.
- Technical experience required in the majority of these areas:
- Analog Circuit Design
- Power Electronics Design
- Printed Circuit Board Layout Best Practices
- Control Loop Theory and Implementation
- Design for Manufacturing
- Regulatory/Compliance Testing
- Design of Magnetics
Lutron Electronics' position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.